Mr. and Mrs. Peter Rae

Friday, October 05, 2007

I love my life

Sometimes it just hits you, you know.

I love Fall. I love chilly walks while holding hot chocolate laced with peppermint schnapps. I love those walks and that hot chocolate even more because I can do it while holding my husband's hand. He keeps them warm.

I love my new family. I love the generosity of my in-laws. I love how their marriage was such an example to my husband and how I get the rewards of their faithfulness. I love getting hugs from my sisters-in-law and nieces and nephews. I love wine with my brothers and sisters-in-law. I even love weight-lifting with them.

I love my family. I love thinking about spending Christmas with my family. I love imagining us all watching Scrooge together. I love thinking about a cup of tea with my Mommy. I love thinking about holding Seth for the first time. I love anticipating the traditional Christmas-morning-stairs photo shoot - the first with my husband. I love emails with Alissa and Scrabble with Mer. I love birthday shopping, almost every week.

I love, love my husband. I love the red roses sitting beside me, a testament of his love while he is gone at work all day. I love that he tells me I'm beautiful, even though I haven't brushed my teeth yet, there is not a speck of makeup remaining, and my hair looks decidedly un-beautiful. I love how he is always excited to see me when he comes home from work. I love how he always has his arm around me. I love how he knows me. I love the way he smells. I love his facial hair at the end of the day. I love how he is an example of selfless love - I love how he loves me when I'm unlovable. I love him.



I love how God is faithful and blesses his children beyond even their own desires.

1 Comments:

Blogger Beth Crawford said...

Amen.

8:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home